Oliver / Hatcher Construction is a full-service construction management and general contracting firm built on relationships and experience. Since 1995, our team has constructed more than 21 million square feet of industrial building space, 14 million square feet of redeveloped space, and nearly 2.5 million square feet of office interiors.
We couldn’t build these buildings and spaces without our remarkable people. Our team is filled with the right people who hold true to our core values – Love what you do; Do what’s right, every time; and Relationship driven. Working together as one collaborative unit centered on these values results in our success for us and our clients.
At Oliver / Hatcher Construction, we are looking for the right candidates to help collaborate and contribute new ideas, be passionate about the industry and their career, and enjoy and have fun every day!
Senior Business Development Manager:
Oliver / Hatcher Construction is seeking a highly motivated, innovative, entrepreneurial Business Development professional to join our organization. The Business Development professional will be responsible for identifying, targeting, and building relationships with key client targets, generating opportunities that lead to profitable revenue by leveraging existing relationships and developing new business relationships, and representing OHC at market events.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in the construction or A/E industry, a gregarious personality, and excellent interpersonal skills. They will possess the ability to influence and build trust with others through their professional presentation skills and overall demeanor.
This team member will be responsible for direct business development by researching new clients, strategizing internally and externally to create new clients, and bring an existing book of business for consideration. He or she will network and foster relationships with developers, owners, facility end users, architects, engineers, brokers, and industry professionals.
- Network and develop a business development pipeline to generate new revenue.
- Secure meetings with key decision makers.
- Position the team for key pursuits.
- Identify potential projects that are early in the planning phase (RFP / RFQ), gather information that will assist in proposal responses and improve the chance for award.
- Coordinate and manage preparation of RFP / RFQ proposal responses with Oliver / Hatcher’s marketing, preconstruction, and operations teams.
- Attend networking industry functions and other events to both learn of opportunities and enhance the Oliver / Hatcher brand.
- Assist in preparation for and attend presentations.
- Track opportunity leads and prepare reports via OHC’s CRM system.
- 5+ years of successful sales experience in construction or technical industry.
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision makers.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to produce highly professional proposals and presentations.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Gregarious and engaging personality while maintaining professional demeanor.
- Established book of business in Southeast Michigan is a plus.
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability)
- Competitive Vacation / Personal Time / Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Program / Discretionary Employer Match
- Base Salary and Bonus
- Maternity / Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- Team Member Referral Bonus
- Team Building Activities
- Mentorship Program
- Fitbit Wellness Program
- Summer Hours
- Work from Home Policy
- Years of Service Recognition & Excellent Service Awards
- Lunch and Learn Educational Events
- Charitable Events
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If interested in this position and joining the Oliver / Hatcher Construction team, please fill out the form below and attach your resume.
Keywords | Business Development / BD / Business Development Manager / Sales Manager / Sales Associate / Business Development & Sales Manager