Oliver / Hatcher Construction is a full-service construction management and general contracting firm built on relationships and experience. Since 1995, our team has constructed more than 21 million square feet of industrial building space, 14 million square feet of redeveloped space, and nearly 2.5 million square feet of office interiors.
We couldn’t build these buildings and spaces without our remarkable people. Our team is filled with the right people who hold true to our core values – Love what you do; Do what’s right, every time; and Relationship driven. Working together as one collaborative unit centered on these values results in our success for us and our clients.
At Oliver / Hatcher Construction, we are looking for the right candidates to help collaborate and contribute new ideas, be passionate about the industry and their career, and enjoy and have fun every day!
The Senior Preconstruction Manager position is for someone who thoroughly enjoys meeting new people, promoting our business, and maintaining great relationships with our clients. The candidate should have a proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision-makers.
- Work and coordinate with OHC estimators, project managers, coordinators, and subconsultants making up the team, and ensure they are prepared to execute and deliver pre-award work activity.
- Work closely with Business Development / Sales team to leverage existing relationships to assist with positioning OHC for a win.
- Present ideas in persuasive and compelling ways; gain client support and buy-in without demanding it; influences others to desired course of action.
- Work with Senior Design Engineering Managers for work planning activities, oversee pre-award man-hour development, quality management, and risk/change management.
- Ensure that project controls measures are implemented i.e. risk register, task tracking, meeting minutes, material management and procurement plans, etc.
- Assist with transition from pre-award to post-award work planning and resource scheduling.
- Interface and maintain relationships with the Owner, design team, brokers, local officials, etc.
- Contribute to the development of standards, process, practices, etc. as needed for the Preconstruction Services to be a “Best of Class” provider in the construction industry.
- Identify and promote solution to any problem, which might impede progress of the project or adversely affect customer and architect relations.
- Keep our client informed of preconstruction process on the project.
- Ability to independently perform conceptual, schematic, and design development budgets
- Negotiates client and subcontractor terms and conditions
- Prepare conceptual, schematic, design development and GMP estimates to support preconstruction activities and clients.
- Control the project scope and budget to ensure that the Project Target Value is met.
- Coordinate with the Estimating department on the development of project budgets and oversee prepared estimates into format for presentation to Owner and/or Architect.
- Manage the project team’s work products to ensure that the contract requirements are fulfilled, project safety measures are incorporated into the project plan, insurance and legal procedures or requirements are followed to mitigate project risk.
- Lead value engineering and value enhancement efforts to serve our clients in meeting the project goals.
- Prepare and or oversee the preparation of reports and updates presented to the Owner, Architect or Engineer on a project.
- Lead and perform constructability reviews on your projects.
- Facilitate the turnover of a project from Preconstruction and Estimating to Operations.
- Monitor preconstruction budget/costs, initiate billing process, review, and approve all invoices prior to submittal to Owner.
- Participate in presentations with potential clients and support the review and approval of contracts before signing.
- Finalize GMP presentation with client and complete the execution of the GMP Amendment.
Marketing / Business Development:
- Attend industry events to meet and network with clients and teaming partners as needed.
- Assist with preparation and review of proposals and qualifications.
Design & Consultant Management:
- Lead scheduled Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) meetings to acquaint them with unresolved problems and to provide an adequate degree of coordination is being made to have accurate bidding documents.
- Monitor and document design scope of changes affecting budget and/or schedule and communicate this to the Owner to make informed decisions.
- Solicit and on-board consultants, architects, and engineers.
- Create scope of work and issue design/engineering RFQs
- Act as direct interface/liaison between client, design, and OHC activities.
- Review design drawings and looks for opportunities to improve quality, constructability and expedite the schedule with proposed alternates.
- Track and distribute design documents as they are revised.
- Organize/schedule project update meetings / OAC meetings
- Create and distribute preconstruction meeting minutes.
- Constant value add to the Owner
- Develop preliminary schedules.
- Review design drawings and look for opportunities to improve quality, constructability and expedite the schedule with proposed alternates.
- Ensure the design deliverable dates meet the schedule requirements.
- 8+ years of preconstruction, estimating, and/or design experience, with a track record of successful project delivery.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Adept at utilizing the latest preconstruction technologies and methodologies.
- 5+ years construction project coordination experience.
- Ability to handle large scale projects.
- Risk management.
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability)
- Competitive Vacation / Personal Time / Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Program / Discretionary Employer Match
- Base Salary and Bonus
- Maternity / Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- Team Member Referral Bonus
- Team Building Activities
- Mentorship Program
- Fitbit Wellness Program
- Summer Hours
- Work from Home Policy
- Years of Service Recognition & Excellent Service Awards
- Lunch and Learn Educational Events
- Charitable Events
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
If interested in this position and joining the Oliver / Hatcher Construction team, please fill out the form below and attach your resume.
Keywords | Preconstruction | Preconstruction Manager | Design Engineer | Engineering Manager | Preconstruction Engineer