Oliver / Hatcher Construction is a full-service construction management and general contracting firm built on relationships and experience. Since 1995, our team has constructed more than 21 million square feet of industrial building space, 14 million square feet of redeveloped space, and nearly 2.5 million square feet of office interiors.
We couldn’t build these buildings and spaces without our remarkable people. Our team is filled with the right people who hold true to our core values – Love what you do; Do what’s right, every time; and Relationship driven. Working together as one collaborative unit centered on these values results in our success for us and our clients.
At Oliver / Hatcher Construction, we are looking for the right candidates to help collaborate and contribute new ideas, be passionate about the industry and their career, and enjoy and have fun every day!
The Senior Estimator / Preconstruction position is for someone who thoroughly enjoys meeting new people, promoting our business, and maintaining great relationships with our clients. The candidate should have a proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision-makers.
- Prepare budget estimates, detailed and accurate bid estimates, and bid packages for ground-up construction and renovations/additions projects ranging from $500k to $50MM potentially on short turnaround time
- Must be able to read and fully understand project drawings and specifications for all trades including Architecturals, MEP, Structurals, Sprinkler, Fire Alarm, etc. Based on drawings and specifications, prepare RFI’s as needed.
- Solicit and evaluate scope completeness of proposals from multiple trade subcontractors and effectively communicate and negotiate with subcontractors.
- Identify and track changes to drawings through addendums, bulletins, and revisions, and follow through with subcontractors.
- Attend job site walk-throughs and effectively communicate and coordinate with superintendents and subcontractors.
- Produce accurate and thorough takeoffs, including pricing of work.
- Create project estimates from analysis of subcontractor and supplier bid estimates.
- Conduct post-bid and buyout meetings and negotiation/scope review meetings
- Once construction documents are released, work with Architects, Owners, and Engineers to formulate accurate and complete budgets.
- Facilitate and manage meetings with Owners on conceptual design/build projects.
- Manage document control from beginning through schematic design, design development to construction documents, and subcontractor buyout.
- Work with the operations team to develop preliminary schedules and logistics plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or other related fields.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the industrial/commercial construction industry.
- Multiple large ground-up project experience preferred.
- Some local (Metro Detroit) project experience is preferred.
- Multi-trade knowledge and experience in steel, concrete, masonry, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Preferred proficiency in on-screen takeoff, Bluebeam, AutoCAD review, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Procore.
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
Please forward resume, estimating software experience, project list and values, references, and salary requirements.