Project: Willow Run Business Center
Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
Square Footage: 400,000 Sq. Ft.
- 400,000 sq. ft. addition to former General Motors Willow Run Assembly plant located in Ypsilanti Township that became infamous as the birthplace of the Corvair and part of the World War II Willow Run bomber complex.
- Detailed pre-planning and a new seamless roof insulation system allowed Oliver/Hatcher to deliver the building, start-to-finish in only five months, on schedule and under budget.
- Clear stacking heights of 28’, bay widths of 40 to 50 ft., twenty-four loading dock doors and an ESFR fire sprinkler system are provided in the 362’ x 1102’ building.
- Laying of the insulation was accomplished in 30% - 70% less time by using the pre-engineered Perfect “R” system. Utilization of this system provided a smoother look, without the “pillow” effect of traditional rolled insulation. The procedure also helped with the handling of insulation batting during high winds.
- 2002 work included demolition and the addition of ten (10) new dock doors; eight (8) new dock leveler pits and other site improvements.