Project: Romulus Business Center - Building #1
Location: Romulus, Michigan
Square Footage: 1,000,000 Sq. Ft.
The site of the Romulus Business Center was first used during World War II for the construction of fighter airplanes. After the war, General Motors acquired the site and between 1964 and 1978 built a facility that was primarily used for parts distribution.
Oliver/Hatcher performed several renovations to the facility including:
- Lowered the roof in a portion of the building from 70 feet to 40 feet
- Installed ESFR sprinkler systems
- nstalled metal halide lighting systems
- Cleared out excess equipment and wiring throughout the building
- Installation of 37 new truck docks
- Added new office space
- Added outdoor trailer storage space