Project: GM Volt Battery Assembly Plant
Location: Brownstown Twp., Michigan
Square Footage: 400,000 Sq. Ft.
- Completion of the interior infrastructure of the three-phase 400,000 square foot General Motors Volt Battery Assembly facility in Brownstown Township, Michigan.
- Installation of the 1,600 amp overhead buss duct for the production lines.
- New 3,000 amp electrical service to the building for a more reliable energy source including transformer, primary lineup and switch.
- Compressed air distribution including a new 400 CFM compressor.
- New mechanical rooftop systems for heating and cooling of the entire facility. The new system included ten (10) 10-ton rooftop units, one (1) Cambridge unit, and DDC controls.
- Renovation and expansion of existing offices.
- Loading dock renovations to meet General Motors’ requirements for dock levelers and a dust free interior. Dock work included dock levelers, dock shelters, and overhead door seals.