Project: Detroit Public Television
Location: Wixom, Michigan
Oliver/Hatcher completed construction of new studios for Detroit Public Television in Wixom, Mi. The technical requirements of the project were complex, as unique construction and design requirements were developed to insure the acoustic integrity of the studios. The project was completed during full-occupancy, during all phases of construction, with no interruption to staff or workplace.
- Construction of a new unique spaces, with unique building requirements:
- Master Control Room
- Server Room
- Three (3) Broadcast Studios
- Reception Area
- Attention to detail and scheduling, as facility was occupied during all phases of construction.
- Acoustical Requirements:
- Raised access flooring
- Acoustical wall and ceiling panels
- Supplemental heating and cooling units
- Suspended lighting grids and STC door and windows