Project: Brownstown Business Center
Location: Brownstown Township, Michigan
Square Footage: 3,300,000 Sq. Ft.
- Brownstown Business Center is an industrial park comprised of logistics and manufacturing facilities that cover over 370 acres of land and nearly 4 million square feet of building space.
- Development of the area began in 1996 with the first of the buildings, BBC 2 which measures 220,000 sq. ft. and concluded with BBC 6 after having constructed buildings 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- Shortly after BBC 2 was underway, work began on BBC 3. Upon completion of the two, nearly 800,000 sq. ft. of space had been constructed. Construction began on BBC 7 and BBC 8 in the same manner as the first buildings with simultaneous construction.
- Work included infrastructure (earthwork, drainage, utilities, roadways) and vertical construction of the numerous buildings.
- Site development included multiple rail spur lines and rail high dock building accommodations.
- All of the facilities are constructed of insulated precast wall panels and equipped with an average of 125 dock doors per facility.